These Cookies = Amazing
Nut butter based cookies with Wise One Chocolate. They’re grain free, vegan, and even suitable for the paleo diet, so you can enjoy a yummy snack guilt free.
Winter is coming! So go bake yourself some cookies, pick up your favorite book, and warm up by the fire.
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter, or make your own raw almond butter*
- ⅓ cup honey or your favorite sweetener
- 1 Chia Egg** or 1 Egg (paleo)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 or 2 Wise One bars of your choice! We recommend trying the Amazonia Love flavour.
* Soak Almonds overnight. Rinse well with cold water. Place in food processor and process until nut butter consistency.
** Chia Egg: grind 1 tbls chia in a coffee grinder and mix with 3 tbls water. Let soak for several minutes until egg like consistency
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients until smooth
- Chop up a Wise One chocolate bar of your choice into chocolate chip size chunks.
- Mix in chopped chocolate and shredded coconut into batter
- Drop tablespoon size balls of batter onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, rotating the pan after 5 minutes, until cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Original recipe adapted from: http://detoxinista.com/2012/02/grain-free-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/